Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Illustration Friday: Suspense


This is a color study for a picture book I've been working on for a little over a year now. The baby's family is paying the cat's family a visit. At first the cat is excited to meet the guests, but he and the baby immediately get off on the wrong paw. Not only does the baby hog all the attention, but he also wants to play with the cat's favorite mouse toy! The nerve of some people! Especially small, wobbly people!

What on earth will happen next? Will tails be pulled? Arms scratched? Will anyone (including the grown-ups) survive the weekend? Hopefully someone will publish the book someday so you can find out!

(Click on this to make it bigger and to see the cat's crabby expression!)

3 comments:

  1. This is a very cute style! I love how happy the little person looks, and how slightly worried the cat is. Simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Claire! I love the expressions. Both are great, but I especially like the cat's. I do hope this book is published! I absolutely want to know what happens. Good tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The cat's eyebrow says it all! (Paws off my mouse, baby!!) The baby = pure joy and excitement. I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete